Sunday, September 16, 2007

Smiles and Coos


This week has been full of changing diapers, watching Ugly Betty on mute, and rocking Ethan to sleep. To our surprise, my diploma arrived early this week. So now I finally have proof that I finally finished. Just in case you are doubting it, the picture is right there. Notice how good at dusting Joelle is. Look at the reflection that shows up on the wood table.

I was proud to watch the Utes crush #11 UCLA yesterday, 44-6. It's the only thing that was exciting in sports this weekend. BYU's defense couldn't stop Tulsa and the Bills got whooped by the Steelers. Can't say that I was surprised about that though.

We've looked forward to this weekend for a while now. Well actually, we've looked forward to tomorrow. We find out from the doctor how Ethan's heart is doing and whether or not he'll need to keep the oxygen. We appreciate all your support, fasting, and prayers. We are optimistic that he is doing well. But we know that no matter what, everything will be fine.

Ethan had some more visitors today. His grandparents and Aunt Amber showed up to see how the little guy is getting along. After eating for the first 30 minutes or so, he came out to greet everyone. It started out fun, with Ethan smiling and cooing at Grandpa, but quickly turned into a full out cry by the time they all left. It was nice having them over to see us.

We enjoy him so much. He's been a lot of fun lately, smiling and cooing. Sometimes, we'll set his boppy up at the end of the couch and sit him up like an adult. He likes that especially after a nap. He'll smile and coo and act like he's telling us his dreams. We get such a kick out of it. We're falling more and more in love with him, he's got such a wonderful personality. We hope as you all get to know him, you'll agree. We're sure you will. We see so many of the family in him from time to time.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

In that picture in his boppy, he looks just like Elanor! What a cutie!

Aaron said...

I agree. I've seen Elanor and Christian in him so many times.

Anonymous said...

I need to see this look alike of Elanor and me! We are hoping and praying that things go well today at the doctor.

Aaron, I was thrilled when I heard that Utah beat UCLA. Good for the Utes!

-Christian

Anonymous said...

I know that he looks so cute every time I see him. I just love him. I like the fact that I am his aunt. He does look a lot like Elanor. I am not good with kids Ethans age. I cant hold them very well. But at least I still have the chances to see him